Environmental Policy Statement
The company recognises the importance of environmental Protection. It is committed to meeting this challenge, and has identified which of its processes could have an environmental effect, and has established Environmental Management Programmes that will enable it to monitor and incorporate improvements. The Management recognise the importance of protecting the environment, and are fully committed to complying with the requirements of all relevant legislation, particularly the Environmental Protection Act, 1990. In order to achieve this, it is Management Policy to do all that is reasonable to:
• Achieve the highest available environmental standards in all of our activities, including the storage and disposal of waste;
• Use all resources as efficiently as possible, in particular making the most economic use of all materials, energy and water, and to minimise waste in all parts of the business;
• Prepare contingency plans to deal with foreseeable environmental accidents;
• Include environmental considerations in investment decisions;
• Whenever possible, liaise with out suppliers to persuade them to adopt similar environmental standards;
• Assess regularly the environmental impact resulting from our operations and keep ourselves fully informed of recognised best practices.
Employees have a duty to co-operate with these objectives:
• By working safely and efficiently and in an environmentally friendly manner;
• By using specific equipment provided, following instructions and by meeting statutory obligations;
• By reporting or communicating any incidents and ideas that will assist the Company to initiate further improvements to is policies and working practices.
The Managing Director is responsible for the overall implementation of the company’s Policy on the environment and he has taken on the role of overseeing the operation of the Company’s Policy, and of advising employees in environmental matters. All employees have the responsibility of ensuring that activities under their control conform to the legal requirements, and that the appropriate environmental standards are achieved and maintained.
Communication of Policy
A copy of this policy statement will be issued to each new employee. Employees have a responsibility to ensure that the Company complies; not only with the legal requirements, but with the achievement of the policy, and their active involvement is encouraged.
Managing Director G B WELDING SERVICES (RUTLAND) LTD
All of our team are fully trained and highly experienced, so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands when you choose us to become part of your next project. For further information about any of the services we have to offer, please Contact Us now ... we are only an E-mail or a telephone call away!